Are you passionate about policy and politics? Do you have an entrepreneurial mind-set and a desire to be part of a developing business? Are you at ease with new technology and digital innovations? And do you fancy explaining the intricacies of Brexit, EU decision making and the changing nature of worker classification to those less familiar with the big developments of our times?
Come and join us at Inline Policy, a pioneering political consultancy and policy advisory firm that offers comprehensive political and regulatory advice to fast-growing and innovative companies.
Our team covers some of the most exciting policy areas and business sectors, including:
- Sharing & on-Demand Economy;
- Emerging technologies (e.g. drones and driverless cars);
- Artificial intelligence and robotics;
- Online platforms;
- European Affairs.
HOW WE DIFFER
Inline specialises in working with fast-growing companies that are facing policy and regulatory change. We identify growth sectors at an early stage, develop extensive political and regulatory expertise in those areas, and apply our public affairs and strategy knowledge and experience. We aim to grow alongside our clients, offering additional products and services as they develop and as the political and regulatory environment evolves.
Inline is seeking to employ a highly motivated intern for a six-month placement, to join our Brussels office.
Graduates will be responsible for:
- producing written briefings on the political and regulatory environment;
- assisting with the delivery of client projects;
- researching and analysing policy issues;
- assisting with business development efforts;
- producing newsletters for clients on regulatory and market developments.
Permanent position will be offered to successful interns during the internship period.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Belgium.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We value independent thinkers who will help the company grow to become the premier political & regulatory consultancy. We want to hear from you if you are interested in joining a diverse and non-hierarchical environment, where your work and ideas can make an immediate and tangible contribution to our clients.
Candidates should possess all of the following characteristics:
- an excellent undergraduate and postgraduate academic record (to at least Master’s degree level);
- a strong interest in policy and international politics;
- superior written English and communication skills;
- advanced ability with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word & PowerPoint);
- the ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines, often at short notice;
- integrity, honesty and a willingness to work hard – we are a start-up and it is therefore imperative that you are determined and willing to go the extra mile, whilst also being personable and fun to be around.
The following characteristics, while not essential, will also be looked upon favourably:
- fluency in a second European language other than English;
- a creative flair, in particular the ability to present information in a visually appealing manner for our clients;
- an ability to spot commercial opportunities and to try and take advantage of them;
- one to two years professional work experience.
Applicants should respond as soon as possible to email@example.com with their CV and a covering letter describing their motivation and suitability for the role. Applications will be assessed as they are submitted (rolling deadline). References may be requested.