ABOUT THE POSITION
Public Policy Fellowship is a paid 6 month program designed for historically underrepresented groups (Black, Hispanic/LatinX & Native American) students and new grads interested in gaining hands-on and real-life experience in Public Policy. Twitter is looking for exceptional law or graduate students passionate about advocacy of public policy solutions to pressing high technology issues.
During your 6 month as a Public Policy Fellow you will be supporting teams virtually. The @Policy team at Twitter focuses on 3 specific areas:
(1) Public policy issues post by the continuing spread of digital technology and web-based communication services around the world. These issues range from freedom of expression, online safety, intellectual property, copyright, privacy, and Internet freedom.
(2) Government relations, elections’ initiatives, and civic integrity efforts.
(3) Coordinating Twitter’s social impact work, and managing our philanthropic efforts – #TwitterForGood – in the markets we serve. Our #TwitterForGood efforts involved working with NGOs active in the areas of digital inclusion, freedom of expression, online safety, and equality.
- We are looking for fellows who may be in, or have recently completed law school or graduate school in the areas of public policy, Latin American studies, foreign policy, communications, or related fields. Exceptional college-level fellows will also be considered.
- You must have been affiliated with a university within the last 2 years.
- Able to work full-time.
- Spanish language fluency required. Portuguese language fluency preferred.
- Strong reading and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate will be highly organized discipline and self-driven with guidance. Attention to detail, professionalism, and completion of tasks is key.
- You will need a keen interest in Twitter and ideally, proficiency on the platform.
- Reasonable fluency in technology and a passion for the power of communications to change the world for the better.
- Knowledge of politics, public policy formulation, high tech issues, as well as an understanding of government processes are key.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.