ABOUT THE POSITION
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (the UN Refugee Agency, also known as UNHCR) is an intergovernmental organization with a mandate to protect refugees and stateless persons worldwide. Promoting respect for international protection norms in European Union (EU) law and policy is of vital importance to UNHCR, and the agency, accordingly, provides its views on a wide range of issues related to access to Europe, asylum, refugee protection, resettlement and integration in the Member States of the EU.
- Provide research assistance on and monitor EU and international policies related to asylum.
- Review and analyze media reports.
- Provide statistical analysis of refugee and migration trends in Europe.
- Assist in the drafting of reports or advocacy documents prepared by UNHCR.
- Assist in the preparation of and attend conferences and meetings on topics of relevance to UNHCR at the European Parliament, the European Commission or other organizations or institutions, as necessary; as well as to provide support to follow-up action.
- Provide administrative assistance and clerical support as may be required.
In order to be considered eligible for an internship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
a) Be a recent graduate or current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme, preferable in political sciences and / or international relations, from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO; and
b) Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here. Apply by November 21.