ABOUT THE POSITION
Unpaid internships with DFC are offered year round in Washington, D.C., and can last from 12 weeks to 12 months. The Office of Structured Finance and Insurance (SFI) Insurance team provides a key tool in the mitigation of risk in international business investments. Political risk insurance (PRI) protects investors again certain political conditions such as the actions of a foreign government or of political situations that lead to civil strife.
The Insurance team provides comprehensive, cost-effective PRI and re-insurance. Specifically, political risk insurance provides protection against three kinds of political risks: currency inconvertibility, expropriation of assets by a foreign government and damage to assets due to political violence.Interns on the Insurance teams serve as junior analysts and may be involved in all stages of project approval as part of a project team. Interns typically work on three to six transactions, depending on the complexity of the projects and the amount of time an intern is available. Typical duties include:
- Reviewing documentation on projects for which PRI has been requested;
- Conducting research on PRI underwriting issues;
- Drafting country risk profiles;
- Preparing portions of loan papers being presented to approval committees; and
- Assisting officers with PRI contract amendments
- US Citizenship is required
- Must be currently enrolled or have been accepted for enrollment (at least part-time) in an accredited college or university
- Must be suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.