Join ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability!
Application deadline: 14 September 2018 (Seoul Time)
ICLEI is the leading global network of 1,500+ cities, towns and regions committed to building a sustainable future. Through our collective efforts, we impact more than 25 percent of the global urban population.
Local and regional governments across the ICLEI network work alongside a diverse team of global experts in 22 offices active across 124 countries while ICLEI East Asia Secretariat is based in Seoul, South Korea.
Together, we address the local impacts of unprecedented global change, from climate change to urbanization, aiming for urban development to have the least possible impact on global systems and to build communities that are people-centered and equitable. We are offering a Post-graduate Internship, Urban Program. This position is based on projects and services, and will be supervised by the responsible line manager and/or Officer as well as the Regional Director.
– Assist the design and development of urban programs targeting East Asian cities, especially on low-carbon, resilient, nature-based and circular development
– Research and compiling relevant information and programs related to ICLEI urban programs
– Writing a report and case study on programs and best practices for cities relevant to ICLEI urban programs
– Support the organization and implementation of projects and events
– Communicate with East Asian cities and partners for program and partnership development
– Translation of various materials like website, newsletter, ICLEI case studies, etc.
– Degree in environmental studies, urban development, political sciences, international relations, or another subject relevant to the position
– Excellent command of English and one language among Chinese, Japanese and Mongolian
– Experience or familiarity in the areas of air quality, environmental science, climate change or other similar fields.
– Ideally with experience on research activities, basic website management and/or event management
– Organized working style, creative and pro-active attitude, and excellent communication skills
Terms and conditions
– The internship position is available immediately at the ICLEI East Asia Secretariat in Seoul, South Korea. The initial duration will be 6 months with the option of extension.
– Workings hours: 40 hours per week; 10 days of paid leave for 6 months.
– Working languages: English and East Asian language(Chinese, Korean, Mongolian)
– ICLEI offers interns a cost compensation of 1.6 Million Korean Won per month, tax and social insurance fees to be deducted.
– Applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit for the Republic of Korea prior to the start of the position.
– Start date: immediately
Please submit your job application (reference in subject line: “Urban Program Internship”) to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
– Letter of motivation and CV (max 2 pages)
– Indication of citizenship