ABOUT THE POSITION
The Universal Postal Union (UPU), a specialized agency of the United Nations and the principal forum for cooperation between postal sector stakeholders, establishes the rules for international mail exchanges. It has 192 member countries and has its headquarters in Berne.
Its primary objective is to encourage the provision of a quality postal service that is accessible to all, and its core mission is to develop social, cultural and commercial communication between peoples.
The Financial Inclusion team is looking for a motivated, self-starting, energetic trainee who can perform the collecting, collating, and cleaning of survey data coming in from Member countries with the ultimate objective of preparing a coherent, insightful, analytic narrative for the 2020 Global Panorama.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the trainee will be required to:
- Support the Financial Inclusion team to collect data for the Global Postal Panorama 2020
- Specific tasks include:
– Intensely follow up and ensuring collection of survey data from all 192 member countries
– Collate, clean, and maintain survey data in an excel database
– Ensure data integrity, and follow up with member countries to fill in data gaps or errors
– Prepare initial views, analysis, and trends based on collected survey data
– Work with the research team to draft cast studies for the 2020 Global Panorama
- In addition, the Trainee might be called upon to support the team in the implementation and execution of technical assistance projects in 20 countries around the world. This work, will involve:
– Ensuring clear progress and results reporting from beneficiary Posts to UPU
– Assist the Technical Assistance Facility Manager in the monitoring of projects
Following our rules, the intern will be EXCLUSIVELY a student finalizing a Bachelor’s or enrolled in a Master’s programme or a recent graduate (less than 6 months) with a strong academic background in any field related to international business , international finance, or similar.
The following skills are mandatory:
– Ability to deliver project in a cross-cultural environment, building upon the core tenets of respect for all cultures and values
– An appreciation of financial inclusion and the delivery of inclusive financial services to meet national and global development goals, including the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
– An appreciation of the challenges faced by the financial inclusion sector.
– Proficiency in MS Excel, with the ability to collect, clean, and analyse large survey data.
– Ability to prepare clear, concise reports and analysis and communicate in English.
– Understanding of additional UN languages is a plus.
– A positive, can-do attitude.
The following are desirable:
– Prior knowledge of conducting global surveys.
– Experience of using web-based survey platforms.
– Stress resilience in delivering high intensity, high visibility, global projects.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.
Apply by April 14, 2020