The Program Assistant will work under the direction of the Vice President of Meetings and Membership and provide support to members of the department. The principal responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Membership team and provide general administrative support.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries via phone and email regarding CFR membership and the application process.
- Edit membership applications for three application cycles per year.
- Assist with preparations for three membership selection committee meetings per year.
- Track member news and monitor updates to accounts.
- Provide support to the membership team on member activation, mailings, and database management.
- Research and prepare biographical profiles and reports on membership trends and statistics.
- Staff new member events, CFR meetings, and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field with high academic achievement
- 1+ years related experience
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, database management
- Strong research, verbal, and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible, positive, team-oriented attitude
- Interest in international affairs
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America’s understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR’s 4,700+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE POSITION NAME IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.