Would you like to use your project management skills to educate students about liberty and economics? The Mercatus Center at George Mason University seeks a Program Associate for Graduate Student Programs. This position reports to the Director of Graduate Student Programs.
- Serve as a central point of contact for program questions and operational concerns from Mercatus Center staff, current students, and prospects.
- Provide administrative and research support to the Director and Associate Director of Graduate Student Programs.
- Track student performance, updating database of student accomplishments, and drafting reports on student progress.
- Draft program notes and reports and execute special projects, delegate subtasks to junior program staff as relevant.
- Assist with writing of website content, as well as copy editing of manuscripts, journal articles, and other research products.
- Assist with staffing of program events, recruiting efforts, etc.
- A strong commitment to individual freedom and an appreciation for the mission of the Mercatus Center.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and balance multiple short- and long-term projects without direct supervision.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience in a professional staff support and/or events management role preferred.
- Flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional growth.
- Health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health insurance premium and tax-free reimbursement of all deductible expenses, and paying 100% of the dental insurance premium).
- Flexible Spending Accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, 403(b) retirement savings program.
- One free course per semester at George Mason University
Please submit the following materials by clicking below
- Short writing sample and
- Cover letter, which must include your philosophical interest in the mission of the Mercatus Center, and a statement on your project management philosophy.
About The Mercatus Center at George Mason University
The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus advances knowledge about how markets work to improve people’s lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to generate knowledge and understanding of the institutions that affect the freedom to prosper and to find sustainable solutions that overcome the barriers preventing individuals from living free, prosperous, and peaceful lives. Founded in 1980, the Mercatus Center is located on George Mason University’s Arlington campus.