ABOUT IREX IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, women and youth.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $70 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 100 countries.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: IREX seeks a program associate to assist in the management of media, technology and civil society development programs. The program associate will provide strategic support in the day-to-day administration of program activities including financial monitoring; logistics support, implementation of new programming initiatives and communicating with field staff and local partner organizations on a diverse range of issues.
JOBDESCRIPTION: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with headquarters and field staff to coordinate program activities and to collect information about activities implemented on-the-ground;
- Assist in developing program material, including research and design of training workshops and technology training manuals;
- Assist in drafting quarterly and other program reports for funding agencies;
- Tracking program expenditures and reviewing program budgets, including identifying and paying vendors;
- Update publicity materials and web pages for civil society programs;
- Support senior staff and development officers in researching and developing proposals and other tasks as deemed necessary;
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: the program associate must be very well organized, able to work independently, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of one year experience in the administration of an international assistance program or experience living/working abroad;
- Understanding of civil society development issues
- Past experience with USG funders preferable;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Tajik or Farsi language skills preferred.
Go to http://www.irex.org/careers and click on Current Openings. Then click on the corresponding position and apply through our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application. If you are creating a new profile you need to do so and then go back in to apply for a position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE