The Development Innovations Group (DIG), a DC-area international development firm, is seeking a well-organized, technologically-savvy, self-motivated individual for the position of Program Support Intern. Ideal candidates will have exceptional writing, formatting, and administrative skills, enthusiasm for the field of international development, and foreign language proficiency (French preferred).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support administrative backstopping to DIG programs worldwide;
- Assist in the editing and assembly of program progress reports and deliverables to ensure their timely submission to donors and clients;
- Conduct supplementary research pertaining to program activities;
- Maintain electronic and hard copy project files;
- Coordinate with project teams to maintain timelines of program deliverables in cooperation with Technical Directors and Program Officers;
- Assist with drafting and reviewing purchase orders and invoices;
- Update and maintain DIG contract and consultant tracking database;
- Work with the project team to support and coordinate logistical and administrative requests from the field;
- Coordinate logistics and administrative arrangements for project meetings, workshops and seminars, as needed;
- Assist with translations, as needed;
- Other duties, as assigned;
- Assist with maintaining and updating DIG website and communications materials;
- Assist with conducting research for proposals, writing and editing.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
Ideal applicants have the following skills and experience:
- Interest in a career in international development;
- B.A., B.S or Master’s degree in progress, with international development, economics, political science or related coursework;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent formatting skills;
- Understanding of social media;
- French language highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit http://developinnovations.com/View-Job.aspx?id=136 for more information on how to apply.