Ploughshares Fund is seeking a full-time research assistant intern for Winter 2018/2019. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, conducting research on arms control and nuclear weapons programs, drafting op-eds, articles and other publications, assisting with social media and aiding in the daily operations of the Ploughshares Fund Washington, DC office.
The intern will report to the Policy Associate and is expected to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Start and finish dates can be flexible to academic schedules. A modest stipend will be provided.
- Provide research support to the President, Policy Associate and policy team
- Assist the Policy Associate and President in social media activity
- Monitor relevant policy, current events and legislative developments
- Draft op-eds and conduct research for the policy team, and assist with organizational media preparation
- Support the Policy Associate in events, meetings and general office administration
- Attend grantee and policy events as requested and prepare summary briefs or memos
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and keep abreast of arms control and nonproliferation policy
- Demonstrated proficiency in open source research
- Ability to take initiative on tasks
- Exceptional organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple priorities in an efficient manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and MacOSX
- Shows Flexibility, good judgment, positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Available to work 30-40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree or enrollment highly preferred
- Strong background in national security, arms control and nonproliferation studies highly preferred
Please send a cover letter, resume, brief writing sample (500 words or less), availability, and contact information for three references to Meghan McCall at firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail). With any other questions, please email Meghan McCall.
Please attach all application materials for submission as PDF files.