The Turkish Industry and Business Association (TUSIAD) Washington Representative Office is seeking a recent graduate for a full-time research assistant position.
TUSIAD is a leading, independent non-governmental organization which promotes a competitive market economy, participatory democracy, and sustainable development. It is comprised of top entrepreneurs and executives from the Turkish business world. The Washington Representative Office is charged with developing and deepening the U.S.-Turkey relationship and strengthening mutual interaction.
The research assistant will report to the Washington Representative.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research, edit and proofread materials
- Prepare weekly and monthly newsletters for distribution
- Track news, data, analyses on political and economic developments in Turkey and the U.S.
- Attend meetings, conferences, panel discussions and prepare briefings
- Maintain and update website, blogs and social media
- Coordinate and plan events and meetings. Responsibilities include scheduling, preparing and distributing invitations, travel and accommodation arrangements, corresponding with speakers, helping to prepare background papers and materials for distribution, and providing logistical support
- Develop and maintain contacts with partner institutions
- Provide administrative support to the Representative, handling correspondence, scheduling, travel and accommodation arrangements and responding to requests for information
- Recruit and supervise interns
- Other related tasks
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science or related field with superior academic achievement
- Proven interest in foreign policy, U.S. – Turkey political and economic relations, EU
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including proofreading and editing ability
- Fluency in English and Turkish preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours and independently, sometimes under tight deadline
- Event planning experience strongly preferred
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume by July 11, 2014.
TUSIAD Washington Representative Office
2101 L Street NW, Suite 800 | Washington, DC 20037