ABOUT THE POSITION
CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in more than 180 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
The Research Intern will contribute to the production of research instruments and outputs such as interviews and survey analyses and produce text to feed into our State of Civil Society Report. Through this work, the intern will gain research experience and deepen their knowledge of trends pertaining civil society.
- Degree in any of the social sciences or other relevant field, or to be near completion of studies towards such degree
- Fluency in English and another UN language
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with MS Office
- Strong interest in working in the field of civil society
- Commitment to CIVICUS’ vision, mission, values and ways of working
- Interpersonal skills: inclination and ability to work as part of a diverse, multicultural virtual team
- Behavioural skills: well-organised, able to work independently and to deliver within deadlines, high attention to detail
- For this recruitment, CIVICUS greatly encourages applications from suitable candidates in the Global South and the African continent in particular.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing deadline for applications is close of business on 13 November 2020. Interested candidates should email their application to email@example.com
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A cover note of not more than one page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 20 November to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.