ABOUT THE POSITION
The Perry Center is seeking research interns to support academic projects, publications, and courses related to security and defense in the Western Hemisphere. Research interns will work with Perry Center faculty members, supporting the Center’s mission to educate senior civilian and military officials, as well as inform US policy and DoD activities in the region.
- Assist Perry Center faculty and professional staff with long- and short-term research projects related to security and defense in the Americas.
- Compose reports, produce graphics, and organize data into tables and charts. Attend and lend logistical support to Perry Center and National Defense University courses, lectures, and conferences.
- Support presentations and take notes for Perry Center faculty members during events around DC.
- An interest in International Affairs, Defense and Security Studies, and the Western Hemisphere.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish language skills required; other language skills also a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter, academic transcript, and a short writing sample (3-5 pages) to Emily Smith, Internship Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please indicate for which type of internship you wish to apply, as well as your work availability and research interests, if applicable.
Application deadline for Summer 2020: April 15
For more information, click here.