- Translate press releases, videos, and other documents and media when needed
- Research various topics for memos related to human rights and Latin America
- Help to produce WOLA send outs to go out to our followers
- Call various legislative offices to inform them of recent or upcoming events related to our work
- Work with the communications team to assist with social media, WOLA’s website, and content development.
- Work with the development team to learn about fundraising opportunities, email campaigns,and database management.
- Work on your intern blog post to be published on the WOLA internship website
- Attend informational meetings with staff members and partners
- A clear interest in human rights and social justice; experience or interest in Latin America.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; at least advanced proficiency in written and spoken Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese a plus.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, follow-through, and ability to work with multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
- Must be a current student.
- Flexibility; ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic remote environment.
- Previous experience or knowledge of communications and development is a plus
Salary and time expectation: All interns will be expected to work at least 20 hours per week and no more than 25 hours. All interns will receive $18 per hour.
- Spring Internship: Mid January to Mid May
- Summer Internship: Early June to Early August
- Fall Internship: Late August to Early December
Applications due by:
- Spring Internship Deadline: November 20th
- Summer Internship Deadline: March 1st
- Fall Internship Deadline: June 1st
Please submit the following in a single PDF document to email@example.com.
- Resume in English
- Cover Letter in which you state:
a.Your specific dates of availability and number of hours you will be available to work
b.Your particular interest in specific programs, communications, or development
c.Why you want to intern at WOLA and your level of Spanish
- Two writing samples; one in English and one in Spanish on a writing topic of your choice (no more than 2 pages each)