ABOUT THE POSITION
CARE believes that access to quality Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) is both a fundamental human right and a critical development issue. SRHR is a vital component of CARE’s work to reduce poverty and social injustice. Improvements in SRHR are linked to economic and social development and must be addressed in order to achieve sustainable reductions in poverty.
CARE’s SRHR Team works to reduce maternal and newborn mortality and improve health outcomes by increasing the quality, responsiveness and equity of health services. CARE works to generate and build evidence, measure impact, and share learning globally, as well as advocate for stronger SRHR policies and encourage scale-up replication of successful approaches in order to increase global impact. The SRHR Team has programs in more than fifty countries across continents with a diverse and extensive portfolio.
- Conduct a comprehensive USA International Development (USAID) literature review
- Based on the literature review, provide recommendations on updating existing CARE capacity statements/briefs and/or support the development of a new capacity statement/brief in line with a USAID technical priority
- Provide other resource mobilization support as needed
- Undergraduate degree required
- Must have experience conducting literature reviews
- Must possess excellent writing skills
- Must be able to efficiently synthesize and analyze information
- Must have relevant background knowledge on SRHR. Background knowledge on other topics such as ICT, UHC, community health systems, quality improvement, etc. a plus
- Must have an understanding of international development work
- Must be able to work independently, be self-directed, and be self-motivated
- Must be able to meet deadlines and communicate efficiently with the team
- Preference for background in writing communications products like project briefs and organizational capacity statements
- Preference for background in business development
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.