ABOUT THE POSITION
APCO Worldwide, Inc. is looking for proactive and enthusiastic paid interns, interested in supporting the Global Solutions practice group and/or the Office of the Executive Chairman (OXC).
Global Solutions advises international political leaders, CEOs and high-profile individuals, helping them successfully navigate reputational challenges, investment opportunities, crises, and complex geopolitical issues.
OXC supports our founder and chairman, Margery Kraus, on a range of new business proposals, events, support of key global APCO clients, and thought leadership content.
Interns will be assigned to one of the two teams, and have the opportunity to work with other practices within APCO (public affairs, corporate communications, global marketing, creative & digital, health care & health policy, crisis management & litigation communication, insight/research, and human resources). Additionally, APCO provides stimulating experiences including lunch & learns and hands-on experience in the communications industry.
- Draft briefs for new business opportunities, client proposals, fact sheets, press releases, and editorial content;
- Monitor issues or news events;
- Identify and compile lists of media contacts;
- Research topics and issues and analyzing findings;
- Edit and proofread client deliverables;
- Assist in the development of client proposals;
- Attend local events in D.C. and provide summary reports on the presentations;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A recent graduate or; currently enrolled in an accredited university or college as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student;
- The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and attentive to detail;
- Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks;
- Experience living or working abroad preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Former internships or work at communications agencies, federal agencies, international organizations, the U.S. Congress, or in state and local government are welcome, but not required;
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.