ABOUT THE POSITION
The CSIS China Power Project is seeking interns to support the program’s work. There are two (2) available positions for start dates in January 2021. Our project examines the evolving nature of Chinese power relative to other countries through quantitative and qualitative analysis. We publish data-driven features monthly on the ChinaPower research website (chinapower.csis.org).
In addition to our work on Chinese power, our experts also conduct research on Chinese foreign and security policy, U.S-China relations, maritime security, cross-Strait relations, Taiwan-related foreign policy issues, and the broader Indo-Pacific security architecture.
Because of the fast-paced work environment, we are looking for motivated self-starters that can engage in a wide variety of analytic and logistical work. This is a paid and remote internship.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following
● Conduct writing and data analysis for website content
● Assist with research for articles, presentations, and podcast series
● Proofread and edit assorted content
● Maintain the program’s active and engaged social media presence
● Monitor, track, and report on events across the Indo-Pacific region, especially those dealing with China
● Provide logistical and administrative support
● Assist with virtual event planning
● Perform a variety of other project related duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Must have at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from an accredited U.S. institution or equivalent from a non-U.S. institution
● Must be eligible to work in the United States and commit 35 hours per week
● Must have an academic or professional background in Chinese foreign policy
● One of the two available positions requires native or fluent Mandarin language skills
● Must have exceptional writing skills
● Must have previous experience with collecting, curating, and analyzing data
● Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Must have the ability to work independently with minimal oversight
● Must have demonstrated experience managing competing priorities and multiple projects under tight deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.