ABOUT THE POSITION
Business student volunteers will be assigned to work with SEC staff members on projects and assignments that cover a broad range of the Commissions’ work. That work depends upon the division or office where the student works. Business intern assignments range from supporting securities regulations to assisting in professional administrative duties such as human resources, contracting, auditing, etc.
Internship opportunities in the Fall and/or Spring are full time and/or part time with a minimum 15 hours requirement per week. This is determined and agreed upon based on the volunteer student’s academic course load schedule and division/office needs. You will have the opportunity to discuss schedule, hours, etc. upon selection and acceptance into the program.
Student Honors Program Dates for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 are tentatively as follows:
- Fall 2020 – August 31, 2020 through November 20, 2020
- Spring 2021 – January 25, 2020 through April 16, 2021
Undergraduate and graduate students must be enrolled and/or accepted at an accredited university or college AND enrolled least half-time (6 credits per semester or the equivalent) in an accredited college or university to participate in the Student Honors Business Program.
– Must be an undergraduate sophomore, junior, or senior undergraduate student as of September 30, 2020.
– Must be accepted into a graduate degree program for Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 (acceptance letter required as proof).
– Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate student no later than September 30, 2020.
– Must be taking at least half-time academic course load
– A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
– Relatives of current SEC employees are ineligible
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.