ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a person who: is passionate, motivated, creative, cooperative, and committed and would like to gain valuable work experience and contribute to the work of a confederation of NGOs whose vision is of a world in which poverty and inequality have been ended; in which decisions are based on social justice, gender equality and upon our responsibility to future generations; where every person has the right to live in dignity, sustainably, on an equal basis, free from poverty.
As an intern, you will support CONCORD’s Policy and Advocacy work. You will work within our Policy and Advocacy team under the supervision of two Policy and Advocacy colleagues.
The role involves supporting the work related to the implementation of CONCORD’s policy and advocacy work in terms of monitoring key policy processes and coordinating our relevant members in the collective policy and advocacy work vi-à-vis the different EU institutions. Assist with the preparation of communication material, e.g. regular newsletters.
- Support the policy, advocacy, communication and logistical work within CONCORD on specific topics you will be working on;
- Participate in and contribute to the coordination within the Policy and Advocacy team and with other departments and contributing to generic policy and advocacy work;
- Staff coordination and work:
- Participate in staff coordination meetings and contribute to generic staff work.
- The intern’s university studies or equivalent in development studies, political science, EU or other relevant studies.
- Ability to organize one’s own work and manage one’s own time;
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others and towards shared objectives;
- Ability to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Capacity to research, synthesize and analyse information;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Eager to take initiative;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Good spoken and written French would be an asset;
- Strong computer skills.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.