ABOUT THE POSITION
You will serve as a Student Trainee (Intelligence) at the GG-05 grade level receiving on-the-job training and performing basic and routine tasks supporting the analysis, evaluation, collection, interpretation, or dissemination of information and/or products relative to an assigned area(s) on political, economic, social, cultural, physical, geographic, technical or military conditions.
- You will apply basic intelligence procedures, processes, and methods to evaluate and make preliminary analysis of intelligence data.
- You will assist higher-grade specialists in searching, selecting, and compiling intelligence data in preparation of reports for various types of customers.
- You will learn to identify obvious intelligence gaps and how to draw conclusions based on analysis.
- You will assist in operating and maintaining intelligence-related databases, equipment, and software.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- You must maintain a Top Secret security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of an offer or removal. Indicate the level and date of your clearance in your resume.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You must acknowledge in writing that you are accepting an appointment in the DCIPS (excepted service) which does not confer competitive status, prior to appointment.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must be accepted for enrollment or enrolled in school.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here. Apply by June 9, 2020.