ABOUT THE POSITION
Do you love solving challenging problems, thinking in numbers and working in groups? Do you also have the self-motivation, curiosity, creativity and ability to persuade others toward meaningful results? Are you passionate about making the world a better place? If yes, then be an RMI intern this summer!!
Rocky Mountain Institute offers an active, well-established internship program! Every summer our offices welcome a group of students to put their knowledge to work on various projects and energy related initiatives across the institute. We look for exceptional people with a variety of academic backgrounds from colleges and universities around the world.
These internships are designed for students to become integrated into a project team, giving them an opportunity to apply their education in the workplace. The goal of our internship program is to create a mutually positive experience for intern and manager that ideally could lead to a full time offer within the organization after graduation. Our interns are pivotal in shaping the future of RMI.
Our interns work on a wide variety of projects, which are ever–changing as we continue to grow! You can read more about our work here on our website. You can expect to work on fast-paced real world analytical and research problems, including literature reviews, case study development, spreadsheet modeling, and stakeholder management.
You could be assigned to any of the following areas*:
Carbon-Free Electricity, Carbon-Free Buildings, Carbon-Free Mobility, Climate-Aligned Industries, Climate Intelligence, Breakthrough Technologies, Energy Transition Academy, Urban Transformation, China, India, US, or Developing Economies: Africa, Southeast Asia and Islands.
Your project could include the following types of work:
Building on existing projects, providing core research, analyzing data and transforming into easily understandable summaries, informing business model designs and strategies, conducting interviews and engaging stakeholders, publishing findings, and creating briefing materials and participating in briefings with strategic stakeholders.
*Your program/team and project scope will be discussed throughout the interview process.
What you can expect to gain:
• Specific skills and knowledge related to a career in clean energy
• Valuable industry experience and the cultivation of professional contacts
• Work experience with a well-respected organization in the sustainable energy space
• A chance to hone practical, non-technical skills including:
o Working in cross-functional teams
o Effective communication and storytelling
o Project and time management
o Creative approaches to problem solving and analysis
o Independently driving and owning a work stream
o Presentation skills
o A chance to “test drive” a career with Rocky Mountain Institute
- Applicants should be pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in a related field and have basic knowledge of one or more of the teams’ focus areas—energy efficiency; renewable energy; demand-side management; building science and energy modeling; efficient and low carbon light duty cars and truck design; and transportation logistics.
- Where applicable, the applicant should be comfortable working with, or reporting on, numerical analysis and spreadsheet modeling, research and reporting.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Intense curiosity
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness to plunge into unfamiliar disciplines
- Creativity and willingness to take risks by exploring and testing new ideas
- Passion for making the world better
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.