ABOUT THE POSITION
The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) delivers world-class geospatial intelligence that provides a decisive advantage to policymakers, warfighters, intelligence professionals and first responders.
NGA Student Interns perform a variety of entry-level functions and tasks in support of the organization to which they are assigned. They are given a work project that involves problem identification, analysis, and resolution. Specific duties may include the preparation and presentation of briefings directly related to work assigned. They must be in attendance at and enrolled in a graduate, baccalaureate, or associate degree program. They are placed on a one-year temporary appointment, which can be extended in one-year increments until the student graduates. Their appointment terminates upon graduation or when the student no longer attends school, even if the expiration date on the current appointment has not been reached. Upon graduation, successful interns may be offered the opportunity to non-competitively convert to a full-time employee.
- Accountability for Results: Takes responsibility for work, sets and meets priorities, and organizes and utilizes time and resources efficiently and effectively.
- Communication: Comprehends and conveys information with and from others in writing, reading, listening, and verbal and non-verbal actions. Uses a variety of media in communicating and making presentations appropriate to the audience.
- Critical Thinking: Uses logic, analysis, synthesis, creativity, judgment, and systematic approaches to gather, evaluate, and use multiple sources of information to inform decisions and outcomes.
- Engagement & Collaboration: Recognizes, values, builds and leverages collaborative and constructive teams to include networks of diverse coworkers, peers, customers, and stakeholders to share knowledge and achieve results.
- Personal Leadership & Integrity: Demonstrates personal initiative and innovation as well as honesty, integrity, openness, and respect in dealing with coworkers, peers, customers, stakeholders, and teams. Demonstrates selfless service, a commitment to excellence, and the courage and conviction to express their professional views.
- US Citizen
- 18 years old
- Security clearance
- Drug testing
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.