Are you an emerging or seasoned analyst with the drive and expertise to be on the forefront of the cyber fight? Do you routinely visit network security websites, attend technical conferences, or maintain your own network? Are you ready to help secure our Nation’s critical Infrastructure and advance your career, all while enjoying all of the outstanding benefits of federal service?
Threat Analysts at NSA perform research of adversarial threats posed to various systems, technologies, operations, or missions in all appropriate intelligence sources. They analyze collected data to derive facts and projections concerning capabilities, intentions, attack approaches; Research resource allocations, motivations, tendencies, personalities; and contribute to profiling adversarial behavior with respect to identified system attacks in an operational mission context. They produce formal and informal reports, briefings, and perspectives of the behavior of adversaries against target systems, technologies, operations, and missions.
Threat Analysts perform a broad spectrum of duties; they may:
- Conduct target research
- Merge information gathered from open source and classified sources
- Monitor open and classified sources for useful information
- Use knowledge of customer requirements to analyze and process intelligence information
- Collect and provide intelligence from many different sources of information
- Make analytic determinations based on critical thinking and reasoning
- Evaluate and use appropriate Structured Analytic Technique
- Document analytic tradecraft and methodology
- Explore and test multiple avenues of discovery
- Generate evidence-based inferences to support or refute analytic conclusions
- Utilize methods to integrate, summarize, visualize, and test information to support analytic processes
- Plan, develop, and structure analytic approaches
- Analyze threats posed to various systems, technologies, operations, or missions (including likely behaviors of adversaries) and countermeasures to address them
- Identify relationships, trends, and patterns in, or draw conclusions from, information
- Develop, create and improve threat research practices and assist in knowledge transfer, mentoring and training of new analysts in these techniques
Are you a cyber professional with the drive and expertise to be on the forefront of the cyber fight; tackling NSA’s complex mission to defend against cyber threats of today and tomorrow? NSA, the nation’s leading cyber agency, has exciting and challenging positions in Cyber Security Engineering and Cyber and TEMPEST vulnerability analysis/mitigation. Are you ready to help secure our Nation’s critical Infrastructure? If so, NSA is the place for you!
Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree and no experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 4 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position. A degree in any field is acceptable. Relevant experience must be in one or more of the following areas: analytic reporting, investigative analysis, threat analysis, risk analysis, intelligence, or traffic analysis. Experience may also include multi-source or technical threat analysis (e.g., SIGINT, ELINT, FISINT, Open-Source, and Geospatial).
- The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position.
- Salary offers are based on candidates’ education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into
For more information or to apply click here.
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate.