We have a job opening to fill at Pollster.com. This entry level position is full time, in Washington DC with health care benefits, and we anticipate hiring in mid to late June. Applicants should have excellent proofreading skills, strong attention to detail and an abiding interest in political polling. While not required, the ideal applicant would also bring some previous knowledge of or experience in web site development/administration (especially with Movable Type), statistical analysis (especially with the R programming language) or database development (especially with PythonSQL).
If you are interested and would like more details on this unique opportunity, please email me (mark at pollster.com) and attach a resume.
Georgia Tech Alumni Association
General Description: Coordinate and support Alumni Association events and programs, particularly the RSVP and registration process and manage all aspects of the Alumni House event space.
* Develop, coordinate and execute registration procedures and RSVP processes for all events, from invitation to onsite registration.
* Manage registration database- data input, attendance analysis and reporting
* Act as point of contact for event attendees, via phone and email
* Mange internal and external scheduling of alumni House event space including reservations, contracts, invoicing, marketing, budget, policies/procedures and event setup requirements.
* General administrative support to Events department including managing student assistant, event files, event supplies inventory and other general administrative tasks.
* Accept and initiate special projects that may include enhancing established events, proposing changes in procedures and partnering with other departments on special programs.
* Demonstrate continuous effort to improve overall operations.
* Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
* Outstanding customer service skills
* Strong and clear verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Outstanding teamwork orientation within Events team and with other departments
* Creative problem solving under pressure
* Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and desktop publishing programs. Advance Access skills a plus.
* Knowledge of EventPro scheduling software is a plus.
Education:High School/GED or Vocational School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer Bachelor’s degree.
Experience:Minimum one year event-related administrative experience, prefer 4 years of work related experience. Selection process will include a pre-employment background screening.
Shared office on first floor of Alumni/Faculty House. Business casual environment except some special events. Competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including generous vacation, medical/dental coverage, life insurance, 401(K), and business-casual environment provided.
Email resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Event Coordinator” in the subject line. DO NOT APPLY ONLINE AND NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.