THURSDAY JOBS – JANUARY 8, 2009
Administrative Program Assistant
USAID, Office of Transition Initiatives
USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) is seeking highly motivated, highly qualified individuals who want the opportunity to help support rapid international transition programs for priority conflict-prone countries. Created in 1994 as a distinct operating unit within USAID, OTI helps local, indigenous partners advance peace and democracy in priority conflict-prone countries by providing fast, flexible, short-term assistance targeted at key transition needs.
Within DCHA/OTI, the Administrative Program Assistant has responsibility for daily administrative operations in support of OTI program-funded staff in Washington and the field. Approximately 95% of the workload will be in support of program-funded staff and activities in OTI/Washington and the field, and approximately 5% of the workload will also be in support of Direct Hire staff in Washington and/or the field. The Administrative Program Assistant also coordinates closely with the Operations and Management Division (OMD), in particular, the Administrative Assistants, as well as the Program Assistant / Program Specialist in the Program Office team.
Full position details, qualifications, and application instructions are included in the attachment or from the GlobalCorps website: http://www.globalcorps.com/. Please refer to that document for answers to any questions.
Development Associate, Individual Giving
Founded in 1979, Trickle Up empowers people living on less than $1 a day to take the first steps out of poverty, providing them with resources to build microenterprises for a better quality of life. In partnership with local agencies, we offer very poor people business training and seed capital to launch or expand a microenterprise, and savings support to build assets. Trickle Up works with partner agencies in 8 countries in Asia, Africa, and the Americas. In 2009, we will help start or expand nearly 11,000 businesses, improving the lives of 60,000 people around the world. Trickle Up’s annual budget is approximately $5 million, and we have headquarters in New York City and field offices in India, Mali, Uganda and Guatemala.
This position is a unique opportunity to work in an innovative, rapidly growing nonprofit organization, to gain broad experience in fundraising and to develop knowledge of the international development field. The Development Associate will support our Individual Giving fundraising efforts, report to Senior Development Officer for Major Gifts and also support the President in his very active role in fundraising.
* Identifying and researching prospects for major gifts ($5,000+);
* Working with the Senior Development Officer and President to prepare donor solicitations, proposals, and reports (responsibilities may include writing drafts, copyediting, and assembling program and budget information);
* Supporting donor stewardship and follow-up activities, such as drafting correspondence, scheduling meetings, and facilitating phone contact;
* Entering individual donor information into Raiser’s Edge database and Excel tracking spreadsheets in a timely and accurate manner;
* Supporting the Development team in completion of annual income budget and periodic income forecasts;
* Supporting the Senior Development Officer in preparation of occasional reports for Development & Communications team meetings, board Development
Committee and Governance/Nominating Committee meetings and full board meetings;
* Providing general administrative support for Development Officer (e.g. monitoring donor action plans, executing semi-annual mailings, drafting donor
acknowledgements, filing, etc.);
* Conducting thank-you calls and other stewardship activities