We offer you a unique opportunity to acquire experience in different areas of expertise, in an international and multicultural environment enhancing your networking possibilities. In addition, you will have the chance to acquire significant knowledge of the Organization of American States (OAS), its mission, pillars, structure and projects in the hemisphere.
The Organization of American States (OAS) is the main political forum of the Region that promotes and supports Democracy, Human Rights, Multi-dimensional Security and Integral Development in the Americas. The OAS seeks to prevent conflicts and to bring political stability, social inclusion and prosperity to the region through dialogue and collective actions.
The requirements to apply are:
- GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 in the American scale or equivalent. This means to be in the 25% top of the class.
- Students at the undergraduate and graduate level as well as young professionals can apply. However, undergraduate students must be at least finishing their second year of studies.
- Be proficient in two of the four languages of the Organization (Spanish, English, French and Portuguese).
Documents to attach to the application form:
- Electronic Application Form (click here, only available during the applications period)
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the OAS Internship Program, one preferably (not mandatory) from a professor within your area of expertise. The second letter from an employer or another professor. Please include contact information (phone number and email) of the person signing the letter. Letters of recommendation that cannot be given directly to the student can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic transcripts.
Please DO NOT send copies of your degree certificate. Must include the detail of courses taken and grades. Students, who have access to an un-official transcript, please attach a copy to the form. Make sure to mail the official version to the following address: 1889 F Street NW, Washington, DC, 20006 or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
- If your internship will be accredited by your academic institution, please include an official letter from your institution. with the corresponding indications (Official statement).
- Resume with Cover Letter (Resume without photo). Please attach your CV and cover letter in a single PDF document:
- Resumes with photos will not be accepted and will disqualify your application.
- Resumes without cover letter will not be accepted and will disqualify your application.
- The cover letter must be addressed to the OAS Internship Program.
For more information and to apply, click here.