ABOUT THE POSITION
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
IRI is creating student and employee partnerships that facilitate the growth and development of IRI’s future leadership. Interns will learn about time management and deal with multiple activities in a fast-paced work environment. Other professional learning opportunities include attending topic meetings, conferences, and seminars. The intern will support the work of IRI’s Transatlantic Strategy Division.
This position is scheduled to start on January 11, 2021 for no more than sixteen (16) weeks and may not be extended.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists staff with program activities, events and training missions
- Supports systems and database system and database management
- Monitors domestic and international media outlets daily for news regarding IRI
- Writes as a contributor to IRI’s blog
- Prepare programmatic content for external audiences by copyediting and formatting documents
- Assists in researching a variety of topics for briefing papers, program proposals and reports
- Assists in preparing report and presentations
- Provides administrative support
- Provides back-up for the receptionist as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Availability to start on January 11, 2021.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to changing situations and priorities
- Pursuing or received a bachelor’s degree in international affairs, political science, or related field;
- Demonstrated interest in European politics;
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, click here.