The National Center for APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) is currently recruiting interns to support the first APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) meeting of 2019. The events are
taking place in Atlanta and offer interns an opportunity to attend and learn about APEC policy and related international trade issues and earn $10 an hour during the weekend of March 1st.
Dates: March 1-4, 2019
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, The Whitley Hotel
About the Event: The APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) was created by the APEC Economic Leaders in 1995 to provide them with advice on specific business sector priorities, and to respond to the various APEC requests for information about business-related issues or to provide the business perspective on specific areas. ABAC comprises up to three members of the private sector from each of APEC’s 21 economies. ABAC members are appointed by their respective Leaders, and represent a range of business sectors, including small and medium enterprises. The ABAC meets four times each year with the final meeting held concurrently with the APEC Leaders’ Meeting. During 2019, ABAC will meet in Atlanta, Jakarta, Indonesia, and Hangzhou, China. Santiago will be the final meeting as Chile is the chair of APEC and ABAC for 2019.
* Event setup and breakdown;
* Greeting and providing directions to attendees;
* Making copies and collating conference materials;
* Assisting with registration tasks;
* Work on other assigned tasks
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
* Enjoys interacting with culturally diverse individuals;
* Must be able to follow directions in a fast paced environment and the ability to multitask;
* Able to lift at least 25 lbs;
* Must be 18 years or older
Interns are expected to commit at least 5-30 hours during the week of March 1-4, and can select their own days and own hours between 7:30am-6:00pm.
Friday March 1 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday March 2 7:30am – 4:00pm
Sunday March 3 7:30am – 6:00pm
Monday March 4 7:30am – 11:30am.
Benefits of The Internship:
* $10 an hour stipend – earn $350 in one weekend
* Exposure to APEC and related international trade issues;
* Interns will have the opportunity to learn event logistical skills;
* Meals and transportation per diem will be provided.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Loraine Ashcraft at email@example.com by February 22nd, 2019.
Only materials delivered by e-mail will be accepted. No telephone calls or personal office visits, please.