The Trust manages an active Scholarship program to support graduate and undergraduate women studying International Trade who show promise as Future Global Leaders. This merit-based scholarship is awarded twice per year and is intended to encourage women to pursue their interests in International Trade and Global Development.
Deadlines: April 1, October 1
Awards: May 15, November 15
Eligibility: Applicants must identify as female and be currently enrolled at an accredited U.S. university or college, either full-time or part-time. Applicants must be Juniors or Seniors in undergraduate or enrolled in graduate studies.
Award: Selected winners will receive $1500. In addition to a monetary award, each scholarship winner will receive:
• One full year of personal mentorship by a WIIT Trust or WIIT member.
• One full year of membership to WIIT.
Requirements: Choose one of the below prompts and provide a complete wellcrafted response in no more than 1000 words.
1. Select one U.S. industry and assess how it has been affected by trade with Canada and/or Mexico since the North American Free Trade Agreement entered
into force 25 years ago.
2. Provide your analysis on the effectiveness of a current U.S. trade agreement with respect to U.S. trade policy goalsTyped essays should be no more than 1000 words in length (exclusive of endnotes and bibliography if used), double-spaced, and in 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Essays should have page numbers and utilize endnotes and a bibliography if needed. Submissions should be in PDF format.
• Awards will be based on the quality of the assigned essay and the applicant’s demonstrated interested in international trade, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, sexual orientation or religion.
A completed application includes a 1000 word essay, accurate and complete applicant information, and proof of current enrollment in an accredited U.S. college or university. All applicants will be notified by May 15 and November 15 each year.