ABOUT THE POSITION
The Robert W. Woodruff, Joseph B. Whitehead, Lettie Pate Whitehead and Lettie Pate Evans Foundations are charitable organizations that share a staff and office. The Foundations distribute more than $400 million annually in Atlanta, Georgia and the Southeast.
The Woodruff and Whitehead Foundations are accepting applications for their 27th Woodruff & Whitehead Fellow. Term of appointment is Aug. 1, 2021- Jul. 31, 2022.
- Prepare for meetings and site visits with current and potential grantees. Draft memoranda summarizing meetings.
- Assist with administrative tasks including filing and general correspondence with grantees and grant-seekers.
- Assist with database management, data collection, and basic data analytics.
- Conduct research projects and give presentations on topics related to the Foundations’ grantmaking.
- Attend philanthropy association meetings.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Interest in the nonprofit and charitable sectors
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work independently and within a team
- Critical thinking skills and a willingness to learn
- Professional demeanor
- Attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants may email a resume and a brief letter explaining their interest and qualifications. Applications will be accepted until January 15, 2021 and should be emailed to Jenny Morgan, Grants Officer, at email@example.com. The Foundations will begin interviewing applicants in late January and select a candidate by mid-March. Questions may be directed to our current Fellow, Gabe Baskin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.