Internship in Inter-Agency Affairs, Geneva Office
The World Food Programme is the United Nations agency responsible for providing food assistance
worldwide. In 2012, WFP provided food for more than 97 million people in 80 countries, totalling 3.5
million metric tons. The WFP headquarters is in Rome. The WFP Office in Geneva is active in
intergovernmental and inter-agency relations in the areas of operations, policy, advocacy and public
information. We liaise closely with humanitarian partners based in Geneva who include Member
States, and also with representatives from the corporate and private sector.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Geneva Office with the following key duties:
- As requested, accompany and assist WFP officials at intergovernmental meetings, including those involving UN, NGO and other donor representatives and report on those meetings and provide feedback, in written and/or oral form;
- Liaise with relevant units at WFP headquarters to obtain information in support of the work of the WFP Geneva Office
- Assist with preparing, facilitating and undertaking presentations to various audiences; including university and student groups, participants at careers fairs and visiting WFP staff to the Geneva Office;
- Assist, where appropriate, administrative staff with preparing for meetings, conferences and with schedules of visiting senior staff;
- Assist in updating office databases; and
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the intern’s experience and capacity.
Location of Internship
International Environment House, chemin des Anémones 11-13, 1219 Châtelaine/Geneva
Length of internship
WFP will give preference to candidates who are able to work full time.
Essential Requirements (non-negotiable)
- Currently enrolled or have recently graduated from a Master’s degree programme
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study;
- Have attended courses in the last 12 months;
- Proficiency in MSOffice (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Written and oral proficiency in English.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$700 per month (paid in local currency)
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
Create your online CV.
Apply to Vacancy number
Internship in Inter-Agency Affairs, Geneva Office.
“Apply” to submit your application to this vacancy.
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this Internship.
Deadline for applications: 25/05/2014
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female
applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative
and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External
Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with
oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.