The Geneva Centre for Security Policy is seeking applicants for the 2021 Prize for Innovation in Global Security. The prize was established in 2015 to recognize individuals or organizations that have shown their creativity in the innovative international security solutions they have crafted. The prize has been designed to reach across all relevant fields and disciplines to encourage and recognize excellence in contributing to enhancing global security. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research, or grassroots initiatives.
The deadline to apply for the prize is September 23, 2021, at 12 noon EST (18:00 UTC+2).
For more general information and a list of past winners, click here.
- While the prize is open to any individual, group of individuals, or organization (public or private sector), no more than one application per applicant is allowed
- Applications can come from any country, but the projects must go beyond national borders.
- Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members, are NOT eligible to participate in the competition
Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize. Applications submitted via any other channel will not be considered. Applications should include:
- A project abstract of 250 words maximum;
- A well-developed project description which should not exceed 1,000 words in
- The application should include a description of the initiative or project, an
explanation of the concept’s significance in the context of global security and our collective global future, and should clearly demonstrate how the idea provides a novel contribution to this field;
- Up to five image files (optional).
- Applications must be in English
For a full list of all rules and regulations, click here.
To access the application portal, click here.