The Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa (ASMEA) is pleased to invite undergraduate students to participates in its poster competition at the 14th Annual Conference. The conference will take place on November 13-15, 2021 in Washington, DC. Presenting a poster is an excellent opportunity for young scholars to showcase their work in a visual format that promotes discussion, enables interaction with seasoned academics, and receives feedback about their projects.
The deadline to apply for the competition is October 15, 2021.
- Applicants must be juniors or seniors in the Fall 2021 academic year to be eligible to apply.
- Interested students must submit an application via the online submission portal and include a 300-word abstract of original unpublished data.
- Topics must be related to the Middle East and/or Africa.
- Posters may be presented virtually or in person.
- To submit a poster proposal students do not need to be members, however, to apply for the Travel Grant in conjunction with the poster proposal, applicants will need to become undergraduate student members.
Posters will be judged by how well the presenter demonstrates an understanding of their subject matter as well as by the clarity of their presentation.