International Affairs Forum announces its Student Award Competition for Fall 2019.
Topics for the competition are Disinformation/Misinformation and Education. Write your essay on either topic.
Awards: Winning submissions will be published in our next issue of International Affairs Forum.
See our last issue here.
Deadline: November 24 2019, 11:59 pm EST
- Submissions should be approximately 700 to 1000 words.
- Entrants must currently be enrolled in college.
- Include a separate bibliography and footnotes, where applicable, for your piece.
- Articles/papers should offer an interesting point-of-view based upon well-researched and documented data and analysis of that data. We may ask you to provide supporting documentation sources for your piece. Authors of opinion editorials need to be able to verify factual claims if requested. IA-FORUM does not refuse to run editorials of view-points contrary to the Editor or staff but will refuse any submission that displays poor taste or unsubstantiated demagoguery.
- IA-FORUM reserves the right to edit for space and style if necessary. Whether to contact the author about these changes prior to publication is at the discretion of the Editor.
- For winning submissions, we will ask for a high-resolution picture of you, at least 571×571 pixels. Moreover, we ask that you identify the piece by one of the following political perspective categories:
All pieces should be in a Word (.doc), text (.txt), or .rtf format. If you wish to include pictures and graphs, contact an IA-FORUM Editor first. All submissions need to include the date of submission and the name and contact information (in particular e-mail) of the author.
Please reference the following document for further style and submission guidelines:
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submit pieces and address questions to EDITOR@IA-Forum.org
With almost all the material published on International Affairs Forum, copyright remains with the author. However, we assume the right to syndicate your writing to commercial publications around the world for one year.
Please note that International Affairs Forum uses CrossCheck™ software to screen papers for unoriginal material. By submitting your paper to International Affairs Forum you are agreeing to any necessary originality checks your paper may have to undergo during the review and production processes.