The third-annual Global Climate Action Symposium will bring together a wide range of experts to showcase climate change solutions informed by local and global scientists, engineers, business and policy experts, student leaders, and artists. Jointly sponsored by Georgia Tech and 6 European consulates during European Climate Diplomacy Week, the event will be held in a hybrid in-person and virtual format.
The symposium is seeking student presenters to create 2-3 minute lightning talks over one of the week’s three themes:
- Sept 27: Sustainable Food
- Including topics of (but not limited to): Food Systems, Circular Economy, Urban Farming
- Sept 28: Climate & Health
- Including topics of (but not limited to): COVID-19 & Climate, Health & Wellbeing, Disease & Climate
- Sept 29: UN Ocean’s Decade
- Including topics of (but not limited to): Ocean Solutions, Blue Economy, Equitable Coastal Solutions, Carbon Sequestration
They are looking for submissions about student projects, original student research, student-led initiatives, and other student-related activities related to climate change. These talks provide students with the chance for their work to be broadcasted to a global audience.
The deadline to submit an application is August 15, 2021.
For more general information on the symposium, click here.
For more information on submission guidelines, click here.
To submit an application, click here.