The Arab Institute for Security Studies and its partners are pleased to announce the launch of the second cycle of the “Amman Security Challenge”.
The Amman Security Challenge aims to facilitate the engagement and contribution of youth, and young professionals in security and strategic issues. The competition aims to empower a next generation of leaders capable of positively contributing to the security and non proliferation debate.
The Amman Security Challenge welcomes written contributions on one (or a combination) of the following tracks (roughly 2000 to 2500 words):
– Non-Proliferation of WMDs and Non-Conventional capabilities
– Preventing Non-State Actors from accessing, possessing and utilizing CBRN –
– Prospects of establishing a WMD Free Zone in the Middle East –
– Means of strengthening the implementation of UNSCR 1540 –
– Advancing nuclear security, biosecurity, chemical security and cyber security in fragile environments –
– The Deterrence Debate; Has Non-Conventional Deterrence achieved its objectives?
– Supporting legislative norms: NPT, CWC, BTWC and CTBT and other structures –
– Delivery vehicles and missile capabilities; Impact on the Middle East –
– Possibility of a non conventional arms race in the Middle East –
Written contributions in other issues of relevance are welcomed.
Participants should email their contributions to email@example.com.
The Amman Security Challenge is open to postgraduate students, military personnel, young professionals, researchers and diplomats (maximum age permitted 37 years old). The Challenge accepts written contributions in Arabic (or) English languages.
Selected candidates will be offered the chance to joining a specialized UN Conference on WMDs taking place in Jordan during April 14-15, 2020.
Candidates will orally present their written contributions in front of a live audience. The organizers will cover registration fees for participants at the event. Moreover, local logistics, accommodation and meals will be provided for participants during their stay in Amman.
Deadline for submitting written contributions preferably on March 26, 2020.
Questions or Comments: We encourage you to submit a short abstract before officially submitting your paper. For further details please send your query to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org