The Evans School is excited to partner with Public Policy & International Affairs Program (PPIA) to host a virtual Public Service Weekend (PSW) for undergraduate students in August 2021. We will draw upon lessons from recent Seattle events to understand the impact of policy in people’s lives and the many ways in which community-led advocacy and activism advances policy change at the local, state, and regional levels. Selected participants will attend at no cost.
The conference will take place entirely virtually over the course of two weeks. The required live sessions are as follows:
- Thursday, August 19, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm PST
- Friday, August 20, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm PST
- Thursday, August 26, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm PST
- Friday, August 27, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm PST
The deadline to apply for this conference is July 25, 2021.
Those who fit the following descriptions should apply:
- Sophomore, Junior, and Senior undergraduate scholars, from across the country, interested in public policy, public service, leadership, management, and potential careers in the non-profit, philanthropy, government, and/or private sector.
- Scholars from all undergraduate majors are encouraged and welcome to apply.
- Successful applicants will share a passion for solving complex problems and working together with others from a diversity of fields, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Preference will be given to scholars representing underserved communities from across the United States and/or those working on racial equity issues.
For more information and to apply, click here.