All About Independent Study Courses

Sometimes referred to as a directed study, or special problems, the independent study course allows Nunn School students to work independently with a faculty member on a research topic of the student’s choosing.   Credit for this can vary between one and three hours and is taken on a letter-grade basis.  The credit will count toward an INTA or Free elective.

Students interested in an independent study course should meet with a faculty member he or she is interested in working with to talk about research options, decide on a topic, and complete the Special Problems Application for undergraduate students or graduate students.  Faculty member research interests can be found on the Faculty page of the INTA website.  Read more to find directions for completing the paperwork and registering for the course.

Related posts