At the Pardee RAND Graduate School, students learn how to use policy to improve lives. Their selective, multidisciplinary doctoral program focuses on policy analysis and the ways it can shape our world.
Located in Santa Monica, California, Pardee RAND offers a full-time, residential Ph.D. program in policy analysis — the first and largest of its kind in the country. And we’re backed by the brainpower and resources of the RAND Corporation, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research institution that helps improve policy and decisionmaking through research and analysis.
Each year, up to 25 exceptional students who come from diverse personal and academic backgrounds are accepted into this program, with about a third of students coming from outside the U.S.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is January 6, 2022.
Pardee RAND’s fully-funded program enables students to cover their tuition while receiving a consistent stipend for living expenses each year so they can graduate debt-free.
- Doctoral students receive:
- A tuition scholarship
- A research fellowship earned by working on RAND projects of the student’s choice; the fellowship covers remaining tuition and provides a stipend to cover living expenses
- Generous health insurance and other benefits, including paid parental leave
- Opportunity for subsidized housing in West L.A., a short commute to campus
- Support for conference attendance and travel to other RAND offices
- Competitively awarded internal dissertation funding
- Be available to participate in our full-time combined research-and-study program at RAND’s headquarters in Santa Monica, California
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree and/or some work experience is desired
- Demonstrate strong quantitative skills; all majors and disciplines are welcome
For more information and to apply, click here.