Applications are now open for the 2023 Harold W. Rosenthal Fellowship in International Relations. The attached documents provide a quick overview of the program. Nunn School graduate student Daniel Aum was awarded this fellowship in summer 2022! We’d like to see another Nunn School winner in 2023!
This prestigious program offers our country’s most outstanding civic-minded international affairs students the opportunity to work on solving some of our biggest national and global challenges. In addition to gaining experience working for a congressional or executive branch office, fellows also attend virtual lectures and panel discussions where they will hear from recognized foreign policy experts. Fellows will also benefit from networking opportunities with key decision-makers and individuals who can help them plan for a career in public service.
One year remaining in an international relations or international affairs graduate program.
Executive branch positions are available only to U.S. citizens. Dual citizens and non-U.S. citizens may apply for a limited number of congressional positions. Please note that the Fellowship will not provide any assistance in securing visas for non-U.S. citizens.
Application and Nomination Process
Interested students can obtain an application (download below) which the student must submit to the Nunn School along with:
- Signed letter of recommendation on letterhead stationery from a professor or former work supervisor, providing input on the candidate’s character and aptitude for future success and focusing specifically on the student’s suitability for this fellowship.
- Available undergraduate and/or graduate academic transcripts.
- Two-page original writing sample on a topic in international affairs.
Nunn School Timeline
Students should not submit application materials to the Rosenthal program directly. Nunn School students should submit the application materials by Friday, December 2, 2022. If you have any questions or would like further information about the Rosenthal Fellowship, please email email@example.com.
- October 11, 2022: Applications for the summer 2023 cohort open. You may download the application here.
- December 2, 2022: Completed applications are due to the Nunn School Awards Committee, c/o Stephanie Jackson
- December 9, 2022: Nominations are due to the Rosenthal Fellowship selection committee.
- January 23, 2023: Schools submit fall semester transcripts.
- January 27, 2023: Students will be informed if they have been selected as finalists.
- February 28-March 2, 2023: Virtual interviews conducted.
- March 17, 2023: Selected fellows will be notified of placement.