C2P Ambassadors participating in the Mentor Walk challenge have responsibilities that enhance the program’s mission which is to inspire kids to stay in school and envision opportunities for their futures.
What are Ambassador responsibilities?
- Engage, commit, and recruit college students at Georgia Tech (and/or other campuses) to participate as Coaches* and as general participants for Mentor Walk 2014.
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for Mentor Walk 2014 for a college campus targeted at students and student groups.
- Serve as a student coach* on the day of the Mentor Walk in September 2014.
- Post an entry on the Mentor Walk blog once a month (from February 2014 – September 2014) on content related to the project, education, and other relevant topics to the Mentor Walk program.
*A coach is a college student who receives two hours of training from both C2P and Accenture to serve as a near peer mentor to students from schools participating in the Mentor Walk.
What do Ambassadors get?
- C2P Grant for $1000 to implement project
- C2P Certificate of Distinction
- Recognition on the Mentor Walk and C2P websites and relevant media
- Photograph with the President of the university
- Exposure to C2P partners and sponsors
Submit a proposal that discusses your plan and how you will implement all of the above listed responsibilities from February through September 2014.
Apply online at: www.C2PF.org/ServiceBook
Submission deadline: January 31, 2014
Selection of Three Ambassadors: February 14, 2014
This is a great opportunity for students to connect their classroom learning to real life, develop leadership skills, communication skills and social responsibility.