The Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD)
Marketing Communications Division
Practical Experience Gained from Internship
The intern will apply principles learned in school through practical hands-on work assignments in international and domestic marketing and communications, project logistics and management, event planning, protocol and international business acumen. This will be a great opportunity to learn about economic development from the ground up.
- Collaborate on designing marketing material
- Support marketing campaigns
- Organize and create briefing books for senior staff members
- Compose social media pieces for external communications
- Assist protocol officers in arranging travel logistics for visiting diplomats
- Draft official correspondence to Atlanta’s diplomatic community
- Conduct company, city, regional and cultural research for trade missions.
- Event Planning
- Coordinate logistics for delegation visits, trade shows and conferences
What’s in it for you?
- Work on meaningful projects with the nation’s best state-level economic development agency in a survey released by Development Counselors International (DCI).
- Collaborate on high-level, international projects which lead to job creation in Georgia
- Develop skills in a variety of workplace tools including Adobe Creative Suite, Basecamp, Constant Contact, Salesforce and the research database Hoover’s
- Build your network of Georgia’s economic development professionals
GDEcD is the state’s sales and marketing arm: the lead agency for attracting new business investment, encouraging the expansion of existing industry and small businesses, locating new markets for Georgia products, attracting tourists to Georgia and promoting the state as a location for film and digital entertainment projects, as well as planning and mobilizing state resources for economic development.
Dates of Internship: First week of January through mid-May, flexible
Work Hours: Seeking full-time (40 hours/week), 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, flexible
Compensation: No monetary compensation; course credit where applicable
Location: GDEcD is located on the Georgia Tech campus at the corner of Spring and Fifth Street and is Marta accessible. Parking is also reimbursed.
Dress Code: GDEcD’s dress code is business or business casual
All prospective interns are asked to email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com