We are looking for an person who: is passionate, motivated, creative, cooperative, and committed and would like to gain valuable work experience and contribute to the work of a confederation of NGOs whose vision is of a world in which poverty and inequality have been ended; in which decisions are based on social justice, gender equality and upon our responsibility to future generations; where every person has the right to live in dignity, sustainably, on an equal basis, free from poverty.
As an intern, you will support CONCORD’s Policy and Advocacy work on Sustainable Development (with a particular focus on sustainable consumption and production), Migration and Global Citizenship Education. You will work within our Policy and Advocacy team under the supervision of two Policy and Advocacy Coordinators.
Main learning objectives
- You will be able to acquire a good understanding of decision-making processes in EU institutions as well as the ways of working in an EU NGO confederation, bringing together networks and national platforms from across the European Union;
- You will be able to obtain knowledge about EU development policies in general, and sustainable development, sustainable food consumption and production, migration and development as well as global citizenship education in particular;
- You will be able to build your policy analysis and advocacy skills, including drafting relevant documents, enhancing the engagement of members in order to develop and advocate for CONCORD’s positions, monitoring EU institutional policy processes, drafting minutes of meetings;
- You will be able to enhance your coordination skills, process management skills and organisational skills;
- All while working in an international, multicultural environment.
Qualification and Experience
- The intern’s university studies or equivalent in development studies, political science, EU or other relevant studies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Eager to take initiative;
- Team player capable of working under pressure and under tight deadlines in a small, dynamic and multi-cultural NGO environment;
- Excellent spoken and written English. French or other European languages are assets;
- Capacity to synthesize and analyse information;
- Strong computer skills.
Learn more and apply: