Continental Tire’s Fort MMill location is seeking an intern for the next twelve months. The Intern will support the day-to-day operations and special projects focusing on compliance with import and export control laws and regulations such as customs clearance, export licensing, auditing, and etc. The intern will get an inside look into U.S. and Canadian export control regulations, harmonized tariff schedule codes, and more. This opportunity is paid and if necessary can operate remotely. Interns will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours. Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until a candidate has been selected.
- Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program for at least another 12 months working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in International Business, International Relations, Economics, Accounting, or similar and can dedicate 12 months toward this internship
- Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours (25+ hours per week preferred)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Enthusiasm for further technical learning, e.g. professional certifications for trade compliance professionals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of business processes and logical workflow steps
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with an orientation toward details
- Strong oral and written communication skills
For more information and to apply, click here.