The Grameen Bank provides collateral-free loans to the poorest members of Bangladesh society with the goal of lifting individuals out of poverty. The Grameen Bank & Trust NGO Student Internship Program, hosted by the George Washington University, offers internship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students interested in working on development projects with the Grameen Bank & Trust.
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The internship provides valuable hands-on experience in microfinance, poverty reduction, and international development in Bangladesh.
In the past, interns have accomplished critical tasks, including:
- Adapting the microfinance model to address the poorest sectors of society
- Restructuring the lending products used to improve cash flow for struggling individuals
- An assessment of how the current financial crisis affects microfinancing opportunities
- Improving the operations and accounting manuals used to train partner organizations in the work of microfinance
- A financial audit of the Grameen Bank
- A feasibility study of producing solar panels in Bangladesh
For more information and to apply, click here.