The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is seeking three associates to work for the Prevention and Protection of the Civilians unit. The task of this unit is to strengthen ICRC’s response when protecting populations of concern from violence. Each associate will work alongside a few advisors within the unit on the following themes: prevention, the conduct of hostilities, law enforcement, digital risks, community-based protection. This position is a paid year-long position located in Geneva, CH.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is October 10, 2021.
- Conduct research project(s) linked to the unit’s operational priorities
- Identify and summarize external research and reports on relevant topics in the field of prevention and protection and share findings with the team.
- Assist in finalizing guidelines and other internal notes on methodologies and practices linked to the protection of civilians.
- Support the organization of prevention and protection training, events, and meetings by contributing to event programming, training materials, evaluations, and reporting
- Contribute to reports for promoting protection concepts internally, as well as reports for external audiences to express ICRC points of view on protection concerns.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of prevention and protection work.
- Contribute to the collection of ‘success stories’, operational examples, and best practices from the field
- Update relevant communication platforms and information management tools, such as an internal and external webpage or communities of practice tools.
- Assist in following pilot project implementation.
- Assist with the monitoring of PCP-related developments and activities in priority operational contexts.
- Bachelors degree or higher in a relevant field
- Fluency (oral and written) in English, and a very good command of at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish.
- At least 6 months of relevant professional experience (including internships), preferable abroad
- These positions are intended for recent graduates, so applicants with more than 2 years of relevant professional experience will not be considered
- Interest in protection work;
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and oral);
- Comfortable working in a team, good interpersonal skills;
- Good level of autonomy/independence in managing work;
- Competent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with a National Red Cross or Red Crescent Society;
- Experience with information management tools such as SharePoint or Lotus Notes, and skills for producing content on internet/intranet purposes;
For more information and to apply, click here.