The Supreme Court of Georgia is now accepting applications for Public Information Office interns to begin on January 5, 2022, or shortly thereafter. Bolstering civic education and public understanding of Georgia’s judiciary, in particular the function and purpose of the state’s highest appellate court, is a priority of the Georgia Supreme Court. Its Public Information Office interns will, under the direct supervision of the Public Information Officer, review and evaluate requests for in-person, public tours of the Nathan Deal Judicial Center; calendar group tours, coordinate with supportive departments, and engage professionally with Justices and staff; chaperone and guide groups on walking tours while relaying information about the history and role of the Court in Georgia’s judiciary; coordinate a short address from a Justice; guide tour groups’ participation in mock oral arguments if requested. This opportunity is paid at a rate of $12 per hour. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 12 hours per week, but no more than 20. This is a year-long commitment.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Personable, energetic, and friendly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain composure under pressure
- Engage with audiences of various ages and backgrounds
- Manage their time effectively
- Possess basic computer and social media skills
- Familiar with the Georgia Court system
- Applicants who are actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree and are in good academic standing will be given priority
Applicants should provide a resume or CV that includes a description of education and work experience and a list of two references including their contact information.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com, subject line: Public Information Office Internship, with the two documents listed above attached as separate PDF or Word document files. Background screenings will be conducted prior to hiring.
To view the original job posting, click here.