J.P. Morgan is an industry leader in providing asset and wealth management services with over 200 years of experience. As part of the J.P. Morgan’s Asset & Wealth Management Risk organization, we pride ourselves in helping individuals and organizations achieve their financial objectives through prudent, proactive risk management while also helping build J.P. Morgan’s fortress balance sheet.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. You’ll have what you need to succeed – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage your skills.
What to expect
Our nine-week program kicks off with a week of induction, where you’ll have training and orientation to our businesses and gain the technical and practical knowledge you’ll need to start contributing to our teams. Top performers may receive a full-time (for juniors) at the end of the summer.
- Collaborate with our industry experts to identify, assess and manage risks facing the Bank and our clients
- Make meaningful professional contributions while developing your expertise and technical skills in a dynamic team environment.
- Contribute your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients
- Work under the guidance of mentors and a supportive team to help you learn and grow
- Come up with innovate ideas to help our business
- Network with industry leaders, access best-in-class training and learn how all our business work together to provide excellent customer service
- Sharpen your technical skills, and finance and accounting principles
Opportunities to be an AWM Risk Summer analyst are available with the following groups:
- Credit Risk: Oversees risk to earnings or capital arising from a borrower’s failure to meet the terms of a loan agreement with the lender or otherwise to perform as agreed. Analysis of client financial statements is the key measurement in determining the credit risk associated with a requested loan
- Wealth Management Investment Risk & Analytics: Oversees investment, fiduciary and suitability risks arising in the course of offering investment solutions to our Wealth Management clients
- Asset Management Risk: Oversees and monitors investment, counterparty, and liquidity risks relating to client investments. Investment risk refers to investment return differing from the return expected — this includes market risk, issuer risk, leverage risk, liquidity risk. Counterparty risk arises from a debtor’s failure to meet terms of a contract, and can impact investment return as well
We’re looking for adaptable team players with the initiative and insight to develop innovative risk solutions in partnership with our global clients and partners. Key skills include:
- Genuine interest in financial markets, investing and macro-level economics
- Analytical with a passion for financial markets, investments and risk management
- Naturally skeptic with an interest in uncovering risks by analyzing financial data
- Background in financial accounting, financial analysis or mathematics a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong initiative, energy and confidence
- Good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Graduation date of December 2024 – June 2025
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT).
- Columbus, OH
- New York, NY