The Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) is the primary economic development agency for the State of Georgia. The mission of the Department is to create jobs for Georgians. The International Trade team creates jobs by helping existing Georgia manufacturers and professional services providers enter or expand their international markets through its trade promotion services. Services provided include international market research, identification of international buyers for Georgia products, and the organization of trade events – internationally and domestically.
GDEcD is currently looking for a part-time intern for this semester in their International Trade division. The Intern works with the Department’s Division Director and Trade Managers to assist Georgia manufacturers and professional service providers to increase their exports. Primary responsibilities include:
- Creating and disseminating research showing Georgia’s connections to specific countries as well as materials for briefing books.
- Client requests, including but not limited to market research, identification of key contacts abroad, identifying how to sell into specific markets.
- Compiling and analyzing country-specific, industry-specific and worldwide statistics of the international flow of goods through databases.
- Assisting in company recruitment for events and trade shows.
- Special projects and administrative assistance.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a four-year or advanced college degree in international business/trade or closely related field.
- Interest in political economy, current affairs, and international trade issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team-player; self-starter; self-disciplined.
- High proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Culturally sensitive and aware.
To apply for this position, you must submit your résumé and cover letter via e-mail to: email@example.com. Include the position title in the subject line of your e-mail.
The application is attached below.